Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Kinder's Reading Level~What Should I Expect?

I had a great question emailed to me last week (thanks Hope!!) and I thought other people might be wondering the same thing!  She asked me what the levels meant on the running record audio clips I have been sending you via email.  I thought this was an awesome topic for my next blog!  I went searching and found this awesome resource on TeachersPayTeachers (Literacy Behavior Checklist ) that has a checklist of student behaviors for each level.  I am going to print these off and laminate them.  They will be in your kinder's "Take Home" book bag.  Look at what your kinder is doing and try and encourage these behaviors while you are reading at home!  I will keep trying to have your child read into the iPad weekly so you can get audio clips sent via email, but sometimes our schedule just doesn't allow for that!  Keep reading at home to keep a pulse on your kinder's reading!  Enjoy, and as always...thanks for the tremendous support you all have given me this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment