Monday, February 2, 2015

Snow Day=Family Day

I hope you are all enjoying your snow day!  Aidan, Brooks, and I started the day off by making some snow ice cream for breakfast (shhh, don't tell their dad!).  If you are wanting the recipe it is...

  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1tsp of vanilla
  • A pinch of salt (seriously, what is a pinch?  I dislike recipes like this but am passing it on non-the-less!
  • 8 cups of snow (make sure it's clean!!)
Stir the first 3 ingredients together and then add the snow!  Hopefully your batch is better than ours!

Now Aidan and I are playing "school" while Brooks is engaged in his favorite activity...NAPPING!  While Aidan is busy writing his letters and practicing his sounds, I am surfing Pinterest for fresh new ideas for Kinderland!  While on my search, I found this website.  It takes a little bit, but if you make it down to the end of the article this author gives really good reminders on what we can do for our kinders while they practice their reading skills!  Check this out and I challenge you to try some of these at home today (if you are lucky enough to enjoy this snow day with your kinder)!

http://www.simplykinder.com/working-with-struggling-readers-in/

That's all for now because I might go and snuggle Brooks and be forced to take a nap with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment